The aim of the Global Action Week for Education 2019 is to come together to call on governments to make the right to an inclusive, equitbale, quality, free public education a reality.
Include calling on governments to:
- Subscribe to, ratify and put in place human rights treaties and optional protocols
- Commit to the full realisation and implementation of SDG4
- Invest in public education systems
- Raise the attractiveness of the teaching profession
- Develop gender sensitive education sector plans
- Provide a framework for education in context of emergencies, and to IDPS and migrants
- Address exclusion and discrimination in curriculum, teaching and learning materials and school governance
- Foster children and youth participation in public education policies
- Provide free of charge public quality tertiary education, including university education
- Foster CSO monitoring mechanisms for increasing efficiency in spending of education budget
- Ratify ILO Convention 138 on the Minimum Age for Employment
- Provide a second chance to out-of-school children and child labourers
The Global Action Week for Education (GAWE) is a flagship event for civil society since 2003.
- Log in to post comments