The international education community through the SDG 4-Education 2030 High-Level Steering Committee (HLSC) reiterates its three main messages for Ministers in the lead up to the High-Level Political Forum in New York in July 2022. The Forum will review progress towards Sustainable Development Goal 4 (quality education).
Reopen schools safely and address educational recovery and resilience
- Keeping schools open is the highest priority
- Urgency to address re-enrolment, learning recovery and well-being through an integrated, multi-sectoral approach, especially the most vulnerable and marginalized groups, those affected by conflicts and crises and learners with disabilities
Reimagine education and renew our commitment
- Education as a human right and enabler of other human rights and sustainable development.
- Commit and jointly transform education through HLSC’s four focus areas: inclusive, equitable, safe and healthy schools; skills for life, work and sustainable development; teachers teaching and the teaching profession; and digital learning and transformation
Invest in resilient education systems
- 2022 GEM Paris Declaration: A Global Call for Investing in the Futures of Education – ensure adequate and sustainable resources for education and improve spending efficiency and equity
- Reinforce global cooperation through Global Education Cooperation Mechanism with the HLSC’s leadership to ensure and monitor delivery on the political and financial commitments made at the Global Education Meetings